Saturday, December 29, 2007

knit blanket for Christmas

For my first real post, here are some pictures of the blanket I knit J for Christmas. It was knit (and crocheted around the edges) on a huge round needle using about 7 different kinds of yarn. The colored stripes switch off between garter and stockinette, so it has a bunch of different textures. All together, I'd estimate it's about 6x7 or 8 feet. I can wrap it around me a bunch of times and there's plenty of length on the floor when I stand up with it. I'm a little bit jealous that J gets to keep it, but I do get to cuddle with it whenever I'm at his place.



If you're short on time, I wouldn't really recommend knitting anything bigger than a small throw on a deadline. I got in the habit of working on it everytime I sat down for a few minutes, but it added up to a lot of hours. J loves it, though, so it was worth the several times I almost set it on fire.

No comments: