Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

An update:

-I'm finished with my undergrad! I graduated in May and am currently steeped in a job search, which is exciting and scary all at once. I have a few interviews coming up next week-- some more promising than others-- so cross your fingers for me if you have a moment.

-In the meantime, I have an internship at the City of Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights and I am absolutely loving it. I get to assist Department attorneys with discrimination complaints and be a fly on the walls of city hall.

-After watching the film Man on Wire and then reading the book, I decided that I want to learn how to juggle. I told my mum this a week or so ago and when I came home last night I was surprised with a mystery package containing Juggling for the Complete Klutz, complete with a set of beanbags. After my first hourish of practice, I can get three bags going for about fifteen tosses before they inevitably go flying into something fragile or in all directions. I'm really enjoying it so far- it's step one on the long road to wire-walking and it gives me a feeling of accomplishment when I need it most.

-And, because no update is a real update without multimedia, here is a gem that Jason found:

No comments: