Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Project Rundown, Installment One

First of all, I have to direct any Project Runway fans to Project Rungay, my favorite blog in the history of the universe. Two fabulous gay kids dissect every episode, complete with screenshots and cattiness. I’m not sure what they do in between seasons (probably just keep tabs on everyone), but we’re nearing the end of Season 4 so snide reviews of the designers are ripe for the picking.

In honor of the Season 4 finale, I’ve decided to give some awards to this season’s designers in hopes that they might console the losers who won’t be going to Fashion Week.


Most Potential: Simone
When I first heard Simone talking about her signature Victorian-meets-modern aesthetic, I got really excited. I think that mixing the old with the new is a really common concept for designers, but not commonly done right. Simone had a TON of ambition and I really thought she would deliver this season. Until she was eliminated in the first episode. I was really sad.

Best Dressed: Marion
Marion barely edged out Jillian for this category. I had him in my initial Top 3 just because his clothes are so adorable (self-described as “Oliver... with a little Twist”). Looking back, I think I was rooting for him just so I could copy his style for the rest of the season. Tom and Lorenzo at Project Rungay said his Newsies-inspired attire seemed a little bit pedophile-y to them, but whatever. I love little boys too and I’m not ashamed of it.

Best Catchphrase: Carmen
Carmen was eliminated after the menswear challenge (which, I’m sorry, was totally justified) but I’ll never forget what she said to Sarah Jessica Parker in episode 2. “Carmen like the opera, Weber like the baller.” HAHAHA, genius. Then Carmen was a big crybaby at the Season 4 reunion and we all pointed and laughed.

Queen Bitch: Jack
Jack Mackenroth never actually got auf’ed by the judges. He had to leave in episode 4 because of a nasty staph infection. He was funny and really a stand-up guy so it sucked to see him go. However, I just read an interview with The Advocate in which he talked boatloads of trash about my very favorite contestant, Chris (more on Chris in Installment 2). It really reminded me of Season 1's Vanessa Riley, who went bitch-crazy and slammed everyone on the show after she was kicked off. Not classy.

P.S. After Googling pictures for each of these contestants, I've decided that Jack also wins the "put some clothes on" award. I'm pretty sure that has about as many topless pictures on the internet as Tila Tequila. Speaking of which, I had pictures but technology hates me a lot so they'll come later.

Everyone tune in tonight to find out if Sissybear Chris March can beat out Ramilicious Kashou for a Bryant Park show and check back for installments 2+3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack rocks....he is a sweetie...all he said is that they don't hang out with Chris....big deal. I love Jack.

LindyLou said...

It's good to hear that your life isn't all hard work and duty.
I can't really say that I know anything about any of this, but I did enjoy reading it.