Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Update


I'm here! I started a new job on campus so my free time has been squeezed more than usual. Of course, that hasn't kept me from anything really important.


For example, a couple of friends and I saw genius Jose Gonzalez play at Milwaukee's Pabst Theater over spring break. It was, almost impossibly, better than I had anticipated. He played "Down The Line," my current favorite track from his new album, flawlessly. His encore included his cover of Massive Attack's class "Teardrop," which blew my mind. Then he shook my hand and it was awesome.

Also, Make Me a Supermodel recently wrapped up its first season in the United States. (Bravo showed the UK marathon last week, which was absolutely, completely and in every way off the chain. They managed to make the gayest show on television about a million times more flamboyant.) Anyway, Holly won and there's really no way I can argue with that- girl is a rockstar.

I'm so jealous I might puke.

Fortunately, Season 10 of America's Next Top Model is still going on or I'd have nothing to do. And THE OFFICE IS COMING BACK tomorrow night. I'm off to restock my stapler and give my Dwight bobblehead a wiggle to get psyched up.

1 comment:

justacoolcat said...

Jose Gonzalez is amazing. I've never heard the Teardrop cover. Off to search it out.