Sunday, February 15, 2009

More like jerkbook, am I right?

Apparently facebook has changed its Terms of Service. Under the new TOS, they keep the rights to any content you've ever uploaded, even after you've closed your account. I was annoyed enough when they started selling my very desirable demographic information to advertisers, but this is just pretty disgusting.

I would absolutely close my account at this news, but:

A) It wouldn't matter-- they already asserted their right to all of my stuff without asking me.
B) I need facebook. Damn that marvel of technology that allows me to keep in touch with everyone I love.

Oh, well. At least I've kept anything proprietary off of the site so far. However, if you've uploaded any original art/writing/music/videos that you don't want siezed, you may want to take them down... assuming, of course, that Mark Zuckerberg and his army of facebook harpies haven't already stolen them.

No comments: