Thursday, January 10, 2008

From the Archives (and by The Archives, I mean my brother's closet)

I just found an old shirt I figured I might be able to craft a blog post around, so let’s see how it goes.

I actually screenprinted this tee at the apex of the House of Holland craze- hence the huge block letters- but it got lost among my little brother’s things until this morning. (This actually isn't as strange as it sounds- 95% of his wardrobe is black, so it was kind of a natural place for this shirt to end up.) The lettering might be a little passé by now but, fortunately for yours truly, no one in the Midwest really knows who Henry Holland is and they’ll probably just think I bought the shirt at Forever21.


In the future I’ll have to remember that $.99 paint doesn’t show up terribly well on black cotton, but I’m pretty happy with it. It’s a surefire excuse to bust a move AND some witty commentary on fossil fuel dependence. Which reminds me, if you represent a news organization and happened to fall in here by mistake:

Please stop telling me about the primaries. Knowing who won in New Hampshire won’t help me make up my mind, but knowing what the candidates think about things would be incredibly helpful. Oh, I also don’t care if Hillary cries or how many times anyone said “change” in the facebook debate. Kthx.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this what they call wearing a STATEMENT?

I've been away counting mothballs and listening to a shuffling repeat of that old Visage single but hey, the time has come for new ideas - and I see you've been busy making a blog full of them!
So I hope you don't mind if I pop in occasionally and try some of these designs on for size?

It's just so refreshing to see the feisty colours of a fashion-challenging blogging ninja!

Unknown said...

That is pretty great! I want to learn how to screenprint! I don't think it's too passe anyway, I see Henry Holland-esque prints all over ads in pretty hip magazines... and like you said, the Midwest is pretty late to catch onto anything, I dig that.

Lauren said...

Bunny- Good to see you! Thanks for stopping by.

Heather- Thanks very much. Screenprinting is pretty much the easiest thing ever- you basically just need freezer paper and some paint.

LalaLiu said...

ahh! i love the tee shirt and your rhyme. i'm loving your blog :)