Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Knitted Stuffed Elephant

This is Elgar the Elephant, whom I knitted for my cousin's new baby for Christmas.


I got the pattern from this book, which is full of really beautiful patterns that don't take a lot of time. The stuffed animal patterns (they also include one for a teddy bear and for a bunny) are supposed to take between six and eight hours but Elgar probably took me closer to 10 because I'm not terribly diligent. I'm really happy with how he turned out, especially because the project involved a lot of techniques that I had to learn as I was working on it.

I was pretty sad to see him go, even though it was really rewarding to see the baby laugh and cling to him. I might have to make myself the little bunny to ease the pain.

---

This has nothing to do with crafting (except maybe I'll knit on the bus) but I get to see my boyfriend in 3 days and I'm super excited. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute! My mom totally made everything in my young life have an elephant motif, so it's always comforting to see stuffed elephants.

Lauren said...

Thanks so much! I realized post-facto that I should have made him a little crown because he looks quite a bit like Babar, who was pretty popular with my brothers and I growing up.